Are you disappointed by all the amateurish word search games in the app store, with their small unreadable and weak puzzles, awful user interfaces, childish silly graphics, and limited content and functionality? If you are, or want something better, try Word Quest!
- Screenshots of Word Quest on iPad, iPhone
- Videos of Word Quest on iPhone
- Download Word Quest LITE
- Buy Word Quest PAID, Word Quest PLUS
Word Quest is a fun, polished word and number search puzzle with many twists on the classic genre. With innovative additions to the original concept, challenging features and layouts, and tons of content, it'll keep you motivated and playing game after game. And unlike other word search games, the puzzles adjust to your preferences to create just the right complexity with the intersections and coverage amounts you want. Word Quest is OpenFeint enabled with leader-boards, achievements and challenges (connect and play online against your friends), and is Wikipedia search capable.
Features and Highlights
- Several modes of play: Classic, Rush, Shift and Action
- Timed play in Rush, scrolling board in Shift, and both in Action
- Choice of board layouts, and option to hide word letters for an added challenge
- Pre-set and custom difficulty levels, with coverage, intersections and more
- Puzzles that adjust to your preferences to create the complexity you want
- Scoring with strategic bonuses and penalties to keep you motivated
- Many themes, with thousands of words in each, through in-app purchases*
- Make custom word lists by downloading content from anywhere on the web
- Online leader-boards, achievements and challenges through OpenFeint
- Wikipedia integration: tap a word to find out more about it
- Accessibility: letter watermarks, tap and hold to zoom
- Tap-tap or finger swipe to select words
- Resume interrupted game functionality
- In-game iPod music interface
- Native iPad user-interface
- LITE: Displays ads, includes 2 themes with 5000+ words. Upgrade with in-app purchases.
- PAID: No ads, includes 7 themes with 25000+ words. Upgrade with in-app purchases.
- PLUS: No ads, all themes included. There are no upgrades or in-app purchases.
This is the classic word search game. Your goal is to find a list of words on a random board of letters. Depending on the difficulty settings, words can appear in reverse order and can intersect each other. Your points are tracked but you have an unlimited amount of time to complete the puzzle.
This mode introduces the element of time. The game starts with a puzzle board like Classic, but you have a limited amount of time to finish, and finding words not only gives you points but subtracts time. There are bonus or penalty points in this mode based on how fast you finish and/or whether you run out of time.
A twist on the Classic, the game board is longer than the screen. Only the visible words are listed, and the puzzle will automatically scroll as you find the words to reveal more. If you like Classic, but wish the game play were longer, this is your mode. As with Classic, your points are tracked but you don't have to worry about time.
This mode combines Rush and Shift. The game starts with a puzzle board similar to Shift, but you have a limited amount of time to finish, like in Rush. As an added challenge, the board will scroll automatically whether you found all the visible words or not. It's a race against space and time.
- Animal Kingdom
- Art & Artists
- Astronomy & Space
- Basic English
- Basic Spanis
- Colleges & Universities
- Computers & Technology
- Cooking & Food
- Economics & Government
- Film & Movies
- Fitness & Sports
- Geography & Weather
- Math & Science
- Music & Songs
- Plant Life
- Special Numbers
- Transportation & Vehicles
- Vocabulary Test
Updates are free to both the application and purchased themes.
Do you have comments, questions or suggestions? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Our goal is to have you enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed creating it, so if something needs fixing or you'd like to see a feature, tell us and we'll do our best to provide you with results. Contact us: WordQuest at IslandJohn.com.